Sunday, February 27, 2011

Surprise Visitors

 Rinar surprised me with a date night yesterday. He took me and his parents to the "Donny and Marie Show" at the Flamingo. It was a lot of fun. I didn't think I would like it as much as I did. But I did. I didn't even look at my watch one time.


They came out and did several songs together. Then Marie did a bunch of songs. She is a hilarious lady. It is funny, but as they were both singing at the beginning, they both had big smiles on their faces and looked like they were having the time of their lives up there on the stage, doing the same show they have been doing for 3 years now. I  thought to myself as the they were singing their first number that it must be tough to be happy up there and to be on your game, even if you have had a bad day with your kids or whatever. 



Ironically, I was really on to something. Because at the end of Marie's set, she shared the fact that is was the one-year anniversary of her son Michael's death.  He committed suicide last year.  She got upset and started to cry a little bit, but then she pulled it back together and managed to get through a very moving rendition of "Pie Jesu".  It was quite amazing.


After Donny's set, they were supposed to come back on together. But Donny came out by himself and apologized to the crowd. Marie wasn't able to come back on. She just couldn't do it. He sang a few more songs and then wrapped up the show. It was a very touching moment.


We all enjoyed the show and spending time together, regardless.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...