Sunday, February 13, 2011

Like a Handprint On My Heart

Have you ever seen the play Wicked? There is a song that they sing at the very end called, "For Good".  It really struck a chord with me.

I've heard it said

That people come into our lives for a reason

Bringing something we must learn

And we are led

To those who help us most to grow

If we let them

And we help them in return

Well, I don't know if I believe that's true

But I know I'm who I am today

Because I knew you...

...
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

But because I knew you

I have been changed for good.

It well may be

That we will never meet again


In this lifetime

So let me say before we part

So much of me

Is made of what I learned from you

You'll be with me

Like a handprint on my heart

And now whatever way our stories end

I know you have re-written mine

By being my friend...



You know that song, right? I have been pondering it a lot these past few weeks. I have been blessed to know some incredible people while we have sojourned here in Las Vegas for almost seven years. It has been a life-changing experience. Most of that joy has come from the people of the Sunset Ward. They are my family. As I surveyed the Relief Society room last week I realized that I knew every single person there. It was not that I just knew their names. No. I knew them all because they have all been my friends. We have laughed, cried, and served together these many years. I have loved every minute of it.

I can say unequivocally that I have been changed for the better, because I have known my Sunset friends. I know I am who I am today because of every single one of them.

Heavenly Father has put them all in my path of life and I am so grateful. I hope that I will be able to see them all again in this lifetime, but if that is not my fate...they will be with me like a handprint on my heart.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...