Monday, June 8, 2009

Denver and Some Awesome Weather

It was a lot of fun to go with Rinar on one of his business trips for no reason at all. He is always asking me to go, and I have always told him no. It is just a pain to get babysitters for the kids and drop the stuff that I am doing. This time I couldn't bare the thought of telling him no, so I just told him YES! So, he took a day off of work so that we could have a day before his meetings to do something fun.

When we got there it was 45 degrees and lightly raining. I was in heaven. It was a welcome break from 100 degrees and no possible chance EVER for rain.

We drove from the airport straight to Estes Park and the Rocky Mountain National Park. The only thing about going to a mountainous national park is that you can't see mountains when it is overcast! I am pretty sure that there are large mountains in Colorado, but I can't swear to it. We couldn't see a darn thing above about 200 hundred feet. There was thick fog everywhere. But there was plenty of elk to see. Also, a national park is such a peaceful place. I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere that was there and the void of all things man-made. It was quite wonderful.

In Estes Park, we ate at a fun little burger joint called Penelope's and then we walked around the shops. I think I stopped at every candy store I could find. Hey, you have to have candy when you are pregnant!

We stayed at the J.W. Marriott and I was very impressed with the shampoo they had there. It was quite wonderful and I think I might get a whole bottle of it. But you know that an entire bottle of shampoo is quite a commitment and so I am going to have to think about it a while before I really take that sudsy plunge.

We made sure to sleep in as much as possible on Wednesday and then we gradually made our way over to Rinar's hotel meeting place. Lucky for me, it was right next to a Chick-Fil-A. They don't have that restaurant here in Las Vegas so I feel very deprived sometimes. Rinar went to his meetings after lunch and I went to the mall and then on to the temple.

It was still overcast, but by Thursday it cleared up nicely. When we left to go to the airport, we went to wrong way on the freeway for about 5 miles. Let's just say that making it to the terminal before our flight left was a little bit stressful. Luckily the plane was delayed 8 minutes and Rinar was still able to use his A boarding pass and get us a great seat. It was a fun little trip.

As I had mentioned in my earlier post...Subaru's everywhere! It was unreal.


Likes Chocolate said...

glad you got to have a few days away and enjoy some time with your husband before the babies are born.

Lanell said...

Looks like you have a good time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...