Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Love Seat

I have decided that I am just a whole lot of crazy.  After our camping trip, I decided to tackle my $25 Goodwill couch and give it a bit of a face lift. Unfortunately, I didn't take a before picture.  But, it was a sad looking piece of drabness.  

Rinar took a couple of kids to St. George for a quick golfing excursion and I got out my massacring tools: a chisel and needle nose pliers.  And then I went to work dissecting this couch.  There were staples everywhere.  My carpet was coated in them.

When Rinar got home and saw the destruction, he was speechless for some reason.

I found some beautiful fabric at Home Fabrics, for a great price. Since I paid for the fabric it was too late to go back.

The couch was really worn down, so I added a back cushion to it, to fluff it up again.  But then I was worried that it would slip down, so I decided to tuft the back.

At each step, I would get stumped as to what I should do. So I would take a break for a day or two and think about possible solutions. When I could think of something that would work, I would go back to the couch and try again.  

The seat cushions were probably the hardest part of the whole process, but I figured out something I could live with and just finished the darn thing.


This is definitely the hardest project I have ever completed.  It was a beast, but I did it.  I don't think I would ever do it again.


NormaKimokeo said... You are amazing.

Hoku said...

Looks terrific!!! All your hard work really paid off!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...