Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Romney Rally

 
 Today, the boys experienced the inner workings of freedom: a political rally. We were able to go to downtown Reno to listen to presidential candidate Mitt Romney give a speech. We got there about 45 minutes early and it was already pretty full, so the kids couldn't see a darn thing.  I decided to ask the security people if we could sit behind the podium, because I could see that there were a lot of seats left.  Sure enough, after asking a couple of times they let us go on up.

It was great. Here was the view...
 
Luckily, all speeches were on point and we were not there too long.  Everybody had to get back to work! Speaking of that, on the way out I ran into Ryan and Kim. Ryan works for Rinar and was taking an extra long lunch. Ryan has such a nice boss, don't you think?
 
 
I really wanted to leave, as the kids needed to do school work and I had a meeting to make. But we got stuck in the rafters. But this ended up being a good thing, because we ended up in front when Mr. Romney came by to shake hands. Zach got to shake his forearm, I guess. And I got a picture.
 
 
It was a memorable day for both me and the kids.

1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

That is so cool! Would love to go to one of his rallies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...