Thursday, October 21, 2010

Silver State Competition


On Saturday, the boys competed in their first string competition.  It is called Silver State and it was at UNLV.  They were in the 3rd and 4th grade division.  Since they are 3rd graders, it is harder.  There were 11 competitors and the winner was actually Grace, who is a girl that my kids have been friends with since they were two.  That is also probably when she started playing the violin.  She is amazing.  Zach is halfway through Suzuki Book 4 and she is on Book 6, or maybe she finished Book 6.  Oh, who knows? Still she played beautifully.  I was so proud of her.

If I had to rank the kids, I would say that Raef and Zach were #4 and #5.  There were two 4th graders that got 2nd place ribbons.  And since Grace won this year, she can't compete next year so that gives my boys a better chance of placing.  We shall see.

Anyway, Rinar accompanied both of them and did a fabulous job.  So here it is. Enjoy. They worked really hard on these pieces and I think that it shows.  Plus, they finally get to do vibrato and I think it elevates their playing to a whole new level.



And Raef is playing the viola...












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...