Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wonderful Things

I have been doing nightly spring cleaning chores around my house. Isn't it a wonderful thing when you can look at a corner of your house and it is sparkling clean? Everything is in it's place and the dust has been vamooshed for a while. I reclaimed two rooms of my house and a corner of my kitchen. It is like a breath of fresh air, my soul feels lighter and it builds momentum. With one corner done, I find the courage, desire, and energy to take on more decluttering tasks. It is great. Of course I am saying this while I am sitting at my desk where paper and junk is about to fall on top of me. But I will come out conqueror soon enough.

The boys have been participating in Cub Scout camp this week and it has been so much fun for them and me. They get to do lots of activities, crafts, and sports for four hours every day and I get a mostly quiet house. Plus, when I clean something up it actually stays that way for a while. Wonderful.

And in other news, Julia made a big step in life today. She rolled over from her back to her stomach and then from her stomach to her back. She is a very content baby girl so most of the time she is fine just laying on her back and looking around. Tonight I put her and Harry on the floor while I dealt with getting Eli to bed and Raef and Zach. She was not happy. I laid her on her back and she starting crying. The next time I came in she was on her stomach. Then when i was finally able to start feeding both of them, she was on her back again. Bravo, Julia!

3 comments:

likeschocolate said...

I know having a clean house in wonderful!

Angie said...

Hey, you need to check pottery barn kids in the Kelsey bedroom, hanging bird cages like the one from DI, so cute.

Justin M. Bowen said...

Speaking of Julia. Any plans on changing the kelly and her boys title? I mean, come on we know there are two of you who rule the house now!~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...