Friday, August 1, 2008

Poop and Pedicures Make Me Dance

I had a couple interesting things happen to me today.

1. I put Eli in a Jumping Johnny up in the office while Zach sat right next to him and played the computer. While they were doing that I went downstairs to practice the violin with Raef. We practiced for about 20 minutes or so. Then Raef headed upstairs so he could play the computer too. However, at the top of the stairs Raef frantically called my name. Why, you may ask?

My sweet little baby was dancing in his own poop! That's right. He had his bowel movement, which seems to come with a bang about every 3 days. And all of that bang came out of the diaper and landed on the carpet beneath him, which happened to be where he was stepping and spinning around. It was disgusting, but Eli was so happy. Since it was that bad I just stared at him and was trying to figure where to begin. I took him out and gave him a bath, then cleaned up the bathroom floor from where all the poop smeared, then I got rid of the diaper. Then I tackled the floor and the Jumping Johnny. It was great. As my friend Jared always says, "Good times!"

2. Rinar and I went on a date tonight. We ate at Pei Wei and then headed over to the mall so he could get his glasses fixed. Lenscrafters was too busy, so we had to ex that plan. However, as we were headed over to the sporting goods store, my husband saw a salon and thought it would be a great idea to get a pedicure. He was adamant about it. So we got settled in with our gossip magazines, massage chairs and got two fabulous pedicures.

Rinar asked me how many times I had gotten a pedicure before. I told him once, when we went to Florida and his company paid for it. He thought I had gone more than that, with a girlfriend or something like that, like Melanie, let's say. I looked at him like he was crazy and said, "Do you know my friends? They don't get pedicures!"

It was Rinar's first pedicure so it was a very special moment in his life.

So I went to the mall with my BFF Rinar....fun, huh?

2 comments:

Lindsay G said...

Awe Kelly, you make me LAUGH! I could just picture the mess... And go Rinar for actually wanting a pedicure, I don't think Seth would ever go for that!

Jana said...

I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to respond to your comment but I just wanted to say "thank you." Thanks for finding my blog, liking it, and adding me to your blogroll. What an honor!

www.themeanestmom.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...