Friday, August 22, 2014

My Senior Moment

Oh boy, this week I experienced my first major senior moment. I needed to purchase some groceries and spent the time looking at the ads, price-matching, and clipping some coupons. I was going to the store with a plan! I pulled into the parking lot, grabbed my stuff, and then headed into the my neighborhood Walmart. I actually did not take too long, probably only 30 to 40 minutes or so. For me, that is pretty darn good.

When I went back to my car, I grabbed for my keys and they were not in pants. Then I rummaged around in my purse. Nope, not there either. Hmmm, where did I put the darn keys?  It then occurred to me that the keys might still be in the car. I was not worried about this because I can just punch a code into the door to open it if it is locked. But when I tried to open the door, it was fine. The door was open and not locked. However, the radio was on!

And so was the car!

Oh my gosh. I left my car running the entire time I was in the store. Hence, I was grateful that there was a car in the parking lot when I was done shopping.

And then I was grateful that I used coupons to pay for the gas I used for my idling car while I was shopping.

You see, it all balances out in the end, right?

3 comments:

likeschocolate said...

WoW! Your lucky your car wasn't stollen. Glad everything worked out!

Hoku said...

Oh my goodness, I did the exact thing for the first time this past Sunday!!! Went to sacrament then was looking for my keys (to put the kids bags back into the car). My son went to the car and the car had been left on and running THE WHOLE TIME! CRAZY! I felt like such a dummy. So glad no one drove off with it. Guess a van full of kids junk is not so appealing anyway...

emily said...

Hahaha! That's not the senior moment I was expecting! This is awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...