Thursday, June 12, 2014

Sunday Fun

While we were away on our epic field trip, my mom held down the fort. When Catye and Mike picked us up from the airport, they brought this little morsel with them. Unfortunately, she was sleeping. But about 10 minutes from pulling up to the front door, she opened her eyes. Raef, Zach and I were ecstatic to see those blue eyes. It took her a minute to register our faces in her sleepy brain. Man, I missed her so much.


Eli has developed an obsession for coins, which started right before we left on the trip. Every night, that is all he wanted to talk about: coins, coins, coins. Oy! Naturally, his unabated enthusiasm spilled over to his little brother. This did make it exceptionally easy to know what to bring them back from our trip. Rinar even found some gigantic coins. This was Eli's face when he saw the gigantic ones for the first time.  Priceless!


Now any time there is a visitor to the house, they get treated to a perusal of his cool coin collection.

And Noelle just loves grandma!


On Sunday, Jamie and Leah came over for dinner after church. Mike and Catye stayed the night. Right before dinner, Catye and Mike went to get in some showers. They were pretty exhausted because their son Paul kept them up all night.  As I was finishing up dinner prep and taking a phone call, Rinar comes running in to tell me that the shower door exploded. When I got down there, I witnessed a scene of glass carnage. And poor Catye and Mike were bleeding. Luckily, no stitches were needed, but it was pretty bad. Both Rinar and I were vacuuming and vacuuming and then Catye and Mike had to get glass pulled out of hands and feet. I am just very grateful it was them, and not a baby in that bath. They are okay. But now that this is the second time a sliding glass shower door has exploded on us, may I recommend never getting one in your house? They are horrible!

1 comment:

NormaKimokeo said...

I've never heard of a sliding shower glass door exploding... I can't even fathom how that would happen. Any ideas???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...