Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Reupholstering My Office Chair

I am always really happy when I finish a project.  I have a little bit of paranoia about not finishing things. I don't like it when things are unfinished. When you start something, you finish it. At least, that is what I repeatedly tell my children.  

About 5 years ago, I found this neat little chair at a thrift store. I think it was a thrift store. Although I am not too certain. It was a long time ago. But I bought it with every intention of reupholstering it.  It was in such rotten shape and I knew I could make it pretty. But after we started using it as an office chair, the ugliness became invisible. 


After a very upsetting November, I needed something to do to keep me busy. Plus, I was going to finish this project no matter whay. And boy, did it ever keep me busy.  

There were about a million upholstery tacks to remove, layered on top of another million staples.  Then I had to re-stain the wood, because it just needed to be spruced up a bit.

Upholstering it was very tricky. When I would get to a point where I was stumped, I would just walk away from the project and then try again about a week later. This happened many times. But somehow, I was able to figure it out and I am super happy with the results.  


The chair is beautiful and it looks very finished. I think I am ready to conquer more reupholstering projects. With a plethora of thrift stores, a compressor, needle-nose pliers and Home Fabrics, the possibilities are endless.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...