Sunday, January 17, 2010

Do and Re-do

Well, the last couple of days have been quite interesting. I decided to do a few home improvement projects with my wonderful husband. And I really mean that, he is quite wonderful. We are getting wood flooring put in tomorrow on the stairs and in the hallway upstairs. So, naturally I felt the need to repaint the hallway. It had gotten dingy from little hands and wasn't quite as dark as I would have liked it to be.

Lucky for me, I had some leftover paint from Christi's house from a month ago. I really liked the color when I picked it out for her basement and it looked very nice on her walls. I started to paint our walls and Rinar said it looked pink. I told him he was crazy. I knew for a fact it wasn't pink, so I just forged ahead. Then I had to stop when it was almost done for a baby feeding break. Rinar finished it up for me.

About an hour later I went to see the final result and I was horrified. I had a very pink hallway. No, I didn't take a picture. It is best forgotten as soon as possible.

Naturally, I had to repaint it. So guess what we did on Saturday? I did a lot of it, but Rinar once again helped me a lot. He also cleared out our walk-in closet and repainted it. Then we worked on putting in a new Closetmaid. It is totally awesome and I am excited to load it all in.

I love it when we have a productive weekend.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...