Saturday, December 15, 2012

Holiday Funnies, Julia Style

Our little family decided to do a name draw this year. Each of our kids drew each other's name for a gift exchange this Christmas. Zachary ended up drawing Julia's name.  I took him shopping so that he could find a gift for her. I left him in the toy section while I did my own shopping. Zach spent a lot of time picking out the perfect gift for Julia: a Baby Alive doll.

Zach was so excited to give it to her for Christmas. When we got home, he carefully wrapped it and then put it on the top shelf on his closet for safe-keeping until Christmas Day.

Fast forward one day. I hear a blood-curdling scream. It is Zach.  He comes downstairs, absolutely devastated, holding ripped wrapping paper in his hands. He found the doll and ripped paper in Julia's room. The box for the doll was torn, in a futile attempt to liberate the doll from her paper prison.

My darling little daughter had somehow climbed up the closet and gotten the present down. Ooh, that kid. I am not sure what we are going to do now. We can't return the doll because the box is all ripped up. We may just donate the doll to Toys 4 Tots and have Zach pick out something different for her.

And in other news, I just have to write this down for posterity. I showed Julia a picture of me when I was pregnant with her. I told her that she was in my tummy and she said, "You ate me?" Makes sense to me, Julia.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...