Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What Am I Having Already?

I just realized that the answer to this question is a whole lot more important to all of my friends, family, and neighbors than it is to me. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I have an appointment on Thursday, in one and half days (11:45am PST).

Usually, when I have an appointment, I don't think twice about it. This is can definitely be proven by the fact that I usually am scrambling to find a babysitter about 2 hours before my appointment.

You see, it just is not a high priority for me.

With my first two, and only two pregnancies, I did not know the sex of our children until they came out of the womb. All I can say, is thank goodness I decided to wait. When my first set of twins were born more than 7 years ago, I didn't know what to expect when I went into the delivery room. I had a c-section because Zach was breech. He was a squirmy little fellow. They heavily drugged me. I had to fight to stay awake. My main motive for staying awake and not taking a nice little siesta was the fact that I did not know if my babies were boys or girls or one of each. It was a great motivator to stay in the game.

Then, with the birth of Eli, I had a c-section again. Once again, Rinar and I decided to drive everyone crazy and not find out what we were having. It was funny because once he was out and they were cleaning him off, I was like, "Uh, what is it? Hello?"

Apparently, people get very antsy wanting to know what is inside of there. Why? I would always get the question, "Do you know what you are having?" My logical answer was, "Of course, a baby?" Then it would be followed by, "But don't you want to know what you are having?"

Uh, hello people. Of course I want to know what I am having and I was just banking on the fact that when the baby made its first appearance out of the womb, it would be apparent to all the world. I mean, after you change about 5,000 diapers, you start to figure out if junior is a boy or girl, right?

Anyways, so back to my main point here. This time around I have decided to find out what I am having using that neat little ultrasound machine. The time is nearly upon us all. Personally, I am really not "dying" to know what I am having. But it is self-serving for me this time around. I bought some cute lamps at HomeGoods and they can work as a boy room lamp, or a girl room lamp. Therefore, because I know that I am going to get ginormous (oh my heck, I thought this was a made up word, but it is actually a real word, whoa!) and I have three other kids to take care of, and I will have to recover from a c-section, and be horribly sleep deprived for about three months, with a husband who weekly works out of town, and a sewing machine that is dying to sew some dresses, or at least some curtains...I figured, hey, what the heck!

But as for all of you antsy pantsies out there...

QUIT ASKING ME IF I KNOW WHAT I AM HAVING YET! I MEAN...SHEESH. EVERYTIME YOU ASK ME, IT REMINDS ME THAT THESE BABIES ARE NOT DUE UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER AND I CAN ALREADY BALANCE A CUP ON MY STOMACH.

I mean, have patience my children...for the answers will come very soon. Just stayed tuned for my Thursday afternoon post. And no, I am not going to call all of you crazy people to tell you what I am having.

Of course, there is always the possibility that we won't be able to find out. If the ultrasound cannot give you people the answers you seek, will you be okay?

Just remember to breathe deeply...

and have PATIENCE.

7 comments:

Meridy said...

I'm so excited to find out! Can't you move your appt. to today?!?!?! ;)

Justin M. Bowen said...

You know how excited I am to have you and Melanie mop my floors.....

and to see all the dresses you'll be sewing....

Wait, maybe I'm one of those that can't seem to get off your back!

Melanie said...

You do realize that when I turn out to be right tomorrow that you'll have to change the name of your blog...and mop my sticky new laminate :)

Kelly said...

You two are mopping my floors. And I have been working on them all week. They are nice and sticky!

Nightingale said...

Great blog, you can find some more Kids Lamps here.

amanda nay said...

Ha, so true. This is actually very interesting because I was thinking about you and wondering if you knew the gender ... I didn't know you had not found out with your other pregnancies! I am so behind, I found out after everybody else that you were pregnant (I think Grandma Nay told me).
I think it is great to wait - my parents did it will all their children and I want to do it for our next one.

Randi said...

Hi there! I wondered over from the Mormon Mommy Blogs group site.

What cute boys you have! Congrats on another set of twins. I wish I could be as cool and collected as you about the sex of my baby(ies). I'm too impatient to wait.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...